Child Care Resource and Referral
With the vision of being a network of support to make Rockingham County a better community for EVERY child, the Rockingham County Partnership for Children’s Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) provides support services throughout the county.
- The Regional CCR&R educates and refers parents to a range of child care options. Click here to access the referral service.
- Our Early Education Coach assists child care providers in their facilities to improve program quality and assists new child care providers looking to open child care businesses in the county.
- CCR&R consults with new and existing businesses about the child care needs of their employees, establishing a link between economic growth and affordable, quality child care.
- Training Opportunities – CCR&R provides training for parents and teachers on a variety of topics related to child development and appropriate early childhood practices. View our training calendar here and training descriptions here. Because healthy emotional and social development is critical to learning and development in all other areas, CCR&R provides enhanced training on Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline ® program. Conscious Discipline ® is an emotional intelligence program that is based on research about how the brain works which uses everyday life events to teach self-control, conflict resolution, character development, and social skills. For more information on Conscious Discipline ® click here.
Dr. Becky Bailey, founder of Loving Guidance, Inc. Conscious Discipline ® is based on current brain research, child development information and effective educational practices. It guides parents, teachers, and administrators through a specific process of shifting from fear-based traditional discipline to a relationship-based community model of behavior guidance in order to promote permanent behavior change.
Click here for a registration form for our trainings.
- CCR&R publishes a quarterly newsletter for early childhood educators. To subscribe to the publications Contact Us. View the latest newsletter here.
- The CCR&R also administers the Early Childhood Education Incentives Program. Education Incentives offers a financial incentive to early childhood educators working in a regulated child care facility who are working on a degree in early childhood education or child development. Early childhood educators who have completed their degree may also qualify for a retention bonus. For more information click here.